PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
EEG6500 / EEG6550 Enhanced Electronic Governor
GAC’s EEG6500 and EEG6550 Series enhanced electronic governor speed controllers are designed to regulate engine speed on diesel and gasoline reciprocating engines. With flexibility, precision, and accurate control of governed speed, the EEG is designed for industrial engine applications from generator sets and mechanical drives, to pumps or compressors.
The EEG6550 Series Quikset Display allows its operator to monitor and configure parameters without needing configuration software or a PC.
- Simple LCD User Interface, No Potentiometers or PC required
- 5K Ω resistive, 0-5 V or 4-20 mA Variable Speed Input
- Selectable Isochronous or Customizable Droop Governing
- 2 Fixed Speeds (Rated/Idle) and Variable Speed
- Speed Range to 12 kHz (4000 RPM) with Frequency Display
- Fault Protection with Overcurrent Sensing
- Adjustable Starting Fuel Strategy (Black Smoke Reduction)
- Speed Ramping (Any Transient Speed Change)
- AUX Input for Synchronizing and Load Sharing
- J1939 Engine Speed Output
- Selectable Light Force Governor – EFC Compatible
- The EEG6550 offers these additional capabilities:
- Configurable Speed Switch
- Selectable AUX Input Polarity
- Hour Meter and Service Reset Hour Meter
APPLICATION OF THE MONTH
The PN4000 Rail Yard Utility Vehicle is custom built with a 3.331L 4-cylinder Kubota V3307 engine, equipped with a GAC ALR190-KV07-12 actuator positioning the fuel control rack and an EEG6500 digital speed control. The vehicle uses a hydrostatic drive and four-wheel steering that enables it to maneuver within a five-foot turning circle.
This digital governor solution provides two fixed speeds, a 1000 RPM idle, and 2000 RPM “work speed setting” when drive mode is detected, or when the unit is switched to compressor mode.
IN THE NEWS
Bureau Veritas Marine Certifications
Governors America Corp. is pleased to announce the recent certification of its marine actuators and speed controllers by Bureau Veritas (BV). BV certification ensures ship owners and operators that the material and equipment they buy conform to international safety and regulatory requirements. This approval further confirms that GAC products comply with recognized industry quality standards and that they are in full compliance with the BV rules, which provides further confidence from our customers for our products. Take a look at this certification and our other Marine and AS9100 Certifications!
CURRENT GAC 2021-2025 MARINE CERTIFICATIONS (See also GAC Website)
TIP OF THE MONTH
Is your product GAC Authentic?
GAC takes pride in designing and manufacturing high quality products in the U.S.A.
The downside to creating great products is that counterfeiters love to make their product look like ours, using our reputation to sell their knock-off product. At first glance, many of these counterfeits look like a GAC product, but they certainly do not perform like one.
For more information see GAC’s guide to counterfeits or call or email us for help.
- Call: +1 413 233 1888
WHO IS HAWKEYE INNOVATION?
Hawkeye Innovation, GAC’s strategic partner, offers direct access to military sourcing. Our government procurement specialists can help you fill that contract request.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +1 (413) 233-1865